Dedication of Jacobus Hall

All Titles

  • Dedication of Jacobus Hall

Dublin Core

Title

Dedication of Jacobus Hall

Description

Unveiling of tablet in Jacobus Hall, Stevens Institute of Technology, a memorial to Dr. David Schenck Jacobus who served in the faculty for more than twenty years and has been a member of its Board of Trustees since 1909. Jacobus Hall, a social center and dormitory building, was given to the College by William Slocum Barstow in tribute to the services of his friend, Professor Jacobus. The tablet, shown after being unveiled by Mr. Bartsow, reads as follows: "This building has been erected and furnished in grateful recognition of many years of faithful service of David Schenck Jacobus to Stevens Institute of Technology and as a gift from his friend William Slocum Barstow."

At the left of Mr. Barstow is Dr. Harvey Nathaniel Davis, President of Stevens Institute, and at the right, Dr. Jacobus.

Date

1941 January 25

Rights

Reproduction for publication, exhibition, web display or commercial use is only permissible with the consent of Special Collections of the S.C. Williams Library at Stevens Institute of Technology.

Files

Click the Image for Full Size

Citation

"Dedication of Jacobus Hall," in Stevens Digital Collections, Item #135, http://librarycollections.stevens.edu/items/show/135 (accessed September 20, 2017).

Social Bookmarking