Babylonian Cuneiform

Description

The Babylonian tablets were donated in 1902 by Alexander C. Humphreys, President of Stevens Institute of Technology, in memory of the late Dr. Henry Morton, who preceded him as head of the Institute. Dr. Morton was an authority on hieroglyphic languages. He played an important role in the translation of the "Rosetta" stone.

Collector(s)

  • Dr. Alexander Humphreys, 2nd President of Stevens